Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Speak Statment #6

Speak Statement #6

At first I would have said yes to the statement I had chosen, for I hadn't read it correctly. "Girls are more likely to have been sexually harassed" Is what I had read. I had missed the words "say they" , this had definitely changed my mind. As a girl I would normally never tell anyone if I had been sexually harassed ,besides my mother, for I would have found it to be to embarrassing to tell anyone else. I'm just not the kind of person who would go up to my friends and say just about anything that involves harassment. Though I doubt that every other girl on this planet is at all like me. Some may be less embarrassed or shy to discus this kind of thing with there friends, though I still doubt that it would be a very open topic among people. Never in my life (save for a few occasions) have I heard people saying things like, "Hey, he/she touched my ass." to their friends. Though I do believe that most girls/women would never tell anyone.
Guys on the other hand are a whole different story. Seeing as I am not a guy, I can't actually tell how they would react. My friend, Haley, made a point in the comments on how they might react, and I do agree with her.

5 comments:

  1. Okay before I respond to the actual blog, I'd like to say that if that ever happens come and talk to me, don't not tell anyone. Okay so I agree with you that it would be embarrassing to tell someone, but I also agree with the statement. That girls are more likely to be say they were sexually harassed. I say this because I feel guys don't really care as much and don't think about it as being "sexually harassed" They really don't talk to their friends and say "oh yeah that girl/guy sexually harassed me." Their just like "oh yeah they were totally checking me out or they were totally flirting with me."
    I have to say that you were very persuasive with your arguement that if my opinion wasn't so strong about this subject I might have been swayed to your point of view. I think the most persuasive thing is how you give yourself as an example, saying "As a girl I would normally never tell anyone if I had been sexually harassed ,besides my mother, for I would have found it to be to embarrassing to tell anyone else." It really shows that it would be truely hard to come out and say that because of embarrassment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think the best part was the whole thing I mean over all it's well writen I think there may be one mistake that I saw but I can't find it now (figures right?) *sigh* LOL so yeah well done ummm..... I like how you point out that your opinion may be unlike other peoples and how you say that you'd be embarrassed if it happened to you so, I think that falls under relating yourself to the statement right? Any way good job :) umm I'm slightly confused on where your opinion stands though sorry :( hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it's alright if you don't know where I stand on the topic, because neither do I, and I'm the one who wrote it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you because if you tell someone you have been sexually harrased its kind of exposing and rumors can start from that. Sometimes when a girl tells someone that I think that they are lying and they just want attention. Its personal keep it to yourself or tell someone you can actually trust.

    The part when you mention your not sure how a guy would react kind of stood out to me because, well im a guy and I have been told this before. My reaction was shocked because she just mentioned out of the blue. I was like wait whoa what just happened. Normally hat would lead to awkard convos

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that girls are more likely to tell someone if they have been sexually assaulted.Its not something that you should tell anyone its really your own business if you want to tell anybody.It is really important to tell somebody like your parents so that you can get help. I think that boys wouldn't tell anyone because they would be embarrassed to admit they were the victim.

    ReplyDelete